Thursday, September 29, 2016

Journal from 9-19 to 9-21

9-19
My student has a new bus starting today. She will now be riding later in the day so as to have a shortened school day, which is great for the both of us I think. I begin to run out of things to do, so to make school more enjoyable, the day is riddled with breaks after doing a little work. She is getting more work done than I think she has ever done and I get less of a headache. I'm starting to form a basal for assessments and the like. It's harder than it seems since she can only sit still for about five to ten minutes. Lets look to extending that time.

9-20
Had an even easier time getting on the bus. It looks as though she just needed a little more time in the morning. We had a hard time during the fire drill today. No one mentioned that she collapses when the fire alarm goes off. So if there is a fire, looks like we'll be carrying her out. I got a little time in front of the class today which was a nice break. I would like to get more time as I mentioned before, but that doesn't look to be the case any time soon. I'm learning from the other IA's and they have been tons of help as far as occupying my student. I have a bunch of ideas to lay the ground work for some real classwork and am looking forward to tomorrow.

9-21
Got on the bus easily today. Alright!! It's nice cause I get mornings apparently in front of the class before I go and pick her up, forcing me to be creative with how I teach the days of the week, go over the calendar, and the weather. I might try making some kind of costumes of the sun, clouds, or what have you. The students might think its funny, but I'll ask them questions about what I am, when I am around, what the weather needs to be like to see me, and all that good stuff. It's going to be awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment