Wednesday, September 20, 2017

good action research response

During my journey to my TIP involving action research, I've had a hard time wrapping my head around the purpose of action research. I get that it was supposed to be a tool that allows a teacher to change up their classroom for their students, but the dynamic nature of the research made very little sense to me. After perusing this article however, I think I finally get action research. One line that seems to sum up most of what we have learned throughout our studies these past two years regarding action research can be seen in this excerpt from the article: "It operates in partnership with practitioners and we need to discuss and shape our research question and design with the practitioners." This line has only made me more confident with my choice of action research for my TIP. Furthermore, there needs to be a desire to practice action research and there must also be relevance in what you’re researching. By working with practitioners directly, these goals can be easier to attain. The text supports this claim as well by simply stating  "Working in partnership with practitioners pretty much ensures the practical aims will be met". I very much appreciate this article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment