Monday, October 24, 2016

Journal for 10-10 to 10-12

10-10

Today we have started focusing more on completing IEP goals in different ways. I have started using manipulatives more often and using worksheets just a little less. I don't want to get lost in worksheets and data sheets, but the amount my teacher wants me to assess my student makes it feel like all I may ever do is enter data. At the end of the day, I felt like my student did well despite the change in lessons and routine. I hope that she shows as much flexibility during the following days.

10-11

I had a hard time with my student today. We think shes having "girl" problems and doesn't fully understand whats going on. I haven't found myself in a situation before, but I don't really know what to do or how to handle it. I can be understanding and flexible with my plan, but what do you tell someone that doesn't understand what your saying unless you use three word sentences? How do you teach this population sex education? How do you prepare them for the changes that they will go through?

10-12
My girl didn't ride the bus today, so I had time in the classroom! Woohoo! I worked on classroom management like there's no tomorrow and it felt good to stretch my legs. I had a kid go into crisis mode when he didn't want to read the book that we were reading as a group, which made me super happy to have an awesome fellow staff that helped with self regulation. I feel like a bunch of these kids should have behavior support plan or at least some goals that are related to behavior management but many of them don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment