Monday, October 24, 2016

Journal for 10-18 to 10-20

10-18
Student and I are in full swing of our new routine. She seems to handle everything well until around thirty minutes before school gets out. At that point, she becomes over stimulated, giddy, and unable to complete work in a timely manner. It makes sense to just to call it quits for the day rather than push her too hard because I want her to like coming to school. We got a lot done today, but we have such a limited amount of time. I hope to extend her work time every day so that we could work until the very end, but for now, I am happy where we are.

10-19
I love manipulatives. I was having such a hard time today trying to teach her subtraction, but using toy bears worked wonders. I highly recommend them. Nothing really new today, but still looking to extend our work time every day. I will update later.

10-20
Today, we worked hard on social skills and interactions with others. Student and I walked around the school and tried sitting in on the whole class time which turned out to be longer than I thought before we began distracting too many people. I am tired of just going over academics and needed to mix it up. These kids need as much exposure to others as possible so that they can become more independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment