Saturday, October 8, 2016

Journal for 9-26 to 9-29

9-26
As the routine with my student becomes more fluid and frequent, I have had to come up with ways to keep her focused on different lessons and activities. I will probably base my research around this, but she has a hard time with transitions, being around large groups, and loud noises. I am trying to use a reward system based off of a token board that provides frequent breaks. I hope it goes well.

9-27
So it seems that she needs to work for somewhere between five and seven minutes until she loses interest. Today, I made sure to keep working on things just to keep her busy and to see how long she would repeat the work then break process. She made it for about half the day and then had a hard time with self-regulation. She just got to excited. I still didn't have any luck getting her out of the classroom and down to PE today but will try again tomorrow.

9-28
Today I was able to keep her working for about an hour longer than yesterday. I don't know if it was a fluke but she responded well to the process. I suppose my question of the day would be "How much does daily routine add to her stress and performance in our lessons?" I plan to keep trying to motivate her to leave the classroom for parts of the day, either during walks or going to outside classes.

9-29
Finally got her out of the classroom! Went for a walk in the building. it was very exciting! She had good day working. Still hoping to extend our daily work time, which was pretty short today. Maybe if I get her on a walk in the middle of the day, it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment