Thursday, October 13, 2016

Journal for 10-4 through 10-6

10-4
My student and I are in full swing. Shes still coming everyday and we have finally been going to PE with the rest of the class and actually staying at lunch. Now, I need to focus on keeping her "in the zone" and focused without frustrating her or getting her escalated. Once I can get her focused for longer than five to ten minutes, I can start getting base line data on her IEP goals. This is hard enough with one student. I hope I can handle a class load.

10-5
My student didn't come today because she was sick, but this gave me plenty of time to prepare my materials I need for probing and assessing. I also had a good amount of time in the classroom today which put my mind at ease, getting more practice. It's easy once you have been up there for at least one subject. That got me thinking about how I can be an effective teacher and still find the time to do all the case managing.

10-6
Today we started going through the process of getting data so that I could create a basal for my student. She started getting stressed out every time we would work for more than ten minutes. This meant that we could only get so much work done, and she got frustrated when she didn't know an answer to a question. I will have to find a way to make it more interesting and help her regulate herself so as to get more time and have less frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment