Monday, December 19, 2016

Journal 10-25 to 10-27

10-25
This week so far has been hard. We just got word that we would be getting a new student in the near future, and he doesn't sound like a piece of cake. I know that no student is 100% easy but when you work in a DLC, behaviors are the last thing that we worry about. With this new student, I'm afraid with our absent teacher and the lack of support from our administration, that we will be finding ourselves having a hard time treading water.

10-26
No further news of our new student. I really hope he doesn't upset the balance that I have made with my one-on-one student. Its been hard enough making a connection with her without the stress of another students behavior on the board. She has been doing well. She got on the bus all by herself with no motivation from anyone today which is a step in the right direction. If that new student is as bad a they say he is, then she and I will be moving into the classroom with the other students. Its time to get her mixed in with everyone and made part of the classroom.

10-27
Today, my student and I will be test running a day in the classroom. Ill let you know how that goes.

Alright. So today didn't go so well. I had to keep moving her in and out of the classroom because of sensory overload. It looks as though progress will be slow, but when is it ever fast with these kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment