Monday, December 19, 2016

Journal 11-30 to 12-2

11-30
Monday and Tuesday my student didn't come to school. This was half expected though since we just got back from Thanksgiving week. When she got on the bus today, I figured that we would spend a lot of time going on walks, taking breaks, and doing a minimal amount of work. That's how today went. I have started ignoring my teacher. It probably sounds childish, but when she gives me advice about my student and presumes to tell me what to do, I never take her seriously. If she wants to decide how I work with my student, then she needs to spend more time working with her and learning about her.

12-1
Today was 100% better than yesterday. We got a ton of work done, and had plenty of time to spare. Today was a breath of fresh air and it's what I and she needed.

12-2
We started dedicating more time to our vocational skills today. Every week, she and I will be going around and taking care of the schools recycling. She is learning but by a couple of weeks from now, she'll have it down. It's really too bad that our teacher doesn't focus on that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment