Monday, December 19, 2016

Journal 12-14 to 12-16

12-14
A students communication needs can be hard to handle sometimes, especially for the student. My student and I were working on using the little cue cards that we made on boardmaker. What I am doing to implement these is give her choices just to introduce the cards and what they mean. I know that now is not the best time to start, but what's the harm in introducing them? We'll try using them again every day.

12-15
The new student did well today making it easier to work in the same room with my student. That turned out well because she wasn't having anything to do with the other kids in the main classroom. We tried to get back there but it didn't work today.

12-16
Today was a good day. We started out doing the recycling and our morning routine. I would like to incorporate recycling into our daily routine since nobody else is doing it. There should be plenty for us to do. My student did great getting the bins from the classroom and doing it quietly. I am so proud of her. We managed all our work later in the day and she sat through an entire movie! So that was awesome. Hopefully we don't have to work too hard to get back into the swing of things when the break is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment