Monday, December 19, 2016

Journal 11-16 to 11-17

11-16
As before I am still working on keeping my student happy and in the classroom with the other students. We are working on staying quiet during work times and working with distractions. She is easily distracted and needs reinforcement all the time. Now I am happy that she and I have been using a token board.

11-17
We had a rough day. My student couldn't focus and spent a lot of time in the break room. There are times when she will experience a sudden and unexpected outburst. At this point I always help her situate herself and we go through the motions of taking deep breaths and setting up her mat to lay on and the weighted blanket. That thing has saved my life a ton of times. Not much work was done today. Hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment