Monday, December 19, 2016

Journal 11-8 to 11-10

11-8
Alright. So the new student is in full swing, literally and figuratively. This kid is violent and loose with his language. So my student and I are spending as much time as possible away from that room. Hopefully I wont be asked to work with him and her at the same time.

11-9
To put a little crappy icing on the cake, the absent head teacher told me that I would be switching off with another one-on-one staff member with the new kid. Now I firmly believe in helping kids, I really do, but there is a limit that everyone needs to recognize and it's how far you can be stretched. When she informed me that this new partial placement was going to happen, I told her I couldn't do it. I will fight tooth and nail to keep my student away from this kid, because I can't manage the two of them at the same time while giving adequate care to my own student. Before, when I said that parents are going to be the ones who burn me out, I should have included incompetent teachers.

11-10
Today is taking a long time. I'm on lunch right now and I have been all over the place with my student. I'm also feeling emotionally exhausted. I just hate the feeling of not being supported. I hope I don't fall into the same trend as my teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment