Monday, December 19, 2016

Journal 11-2 to 11-4

11-2
Our new student came in today, and my student didn't so I was put on duty to meet the kid and his mom. The kid was all over the place, even with the mom there. She had a list of things to cover which felt like demands more than anything else. Ill tell you, it's not the students that are going to burn me out, it's the obnoxious parents.

11-3
So first day with the new student without mom and he was everything that we expected and more. Lacks empathy, social rules, etc. He sent my student off on her own tantrum because of the behavior he exhibits. Now I know that moving into the other classroom was a good idea. My student and I spent half the day in the classroom and half in the individual work room. We got along without as much overload as before but I am assuming that it will be a day to day basis.

11-4
Good day with my student despite the fact that she wouldn't get on the bus this morning. We spent more time just sitting in the other classroom which is working out because I don't expect her to get much work done but I do expect her to listen to the teacher and follow the class. We got away without many behaviors today which felt good. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment